DFW STORES SHIFT BID
The effective Date of Bid is Sept 1, 2018 thru Jan 4, 2019
Bidding will take place on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 and Wednesday, August 15, 2018
Every employee must submit a PAPER BID in CC Office or Call in at the number provided below at your bid time!(NO EXCEPTIONS)
All employees must submit a paper bid that contains one of the following selections:
A. A full paper bid all selection choices (current process); contact phone number is optional
B. A partial paper bid, some selection choices, with a contact phone number (YOU MAY BE CALLED)
C. A bid sheet with your contact phone number, no selection choices (YOU WILL BE CALLED)
The bid room will call you at the number you provide on your bid form; it is your responsibility to provide a contact number. The bid will be available at www.local591.com(SWRegion)allowing members to view the bid live on the website.
NOTE: THE CONTACT NUMBER YOU PROVIDE ON YOUR BID SHEET IS THE ONLY NUMBER THAT WILL BE USED TO CALL YOU.
NOTE: THERE WILL BE NO WALK IN BIDS.
1. Bid sheets will be picked up from the Hangar bid box in Crew Chief office at 05:30 daily.
NOTE: IF YOU FAIL TO SUBMIT A PAPER BID OR DO NOT PROVIDE A CONTACT NUMBER, YOU WILL BE BYPASSED UNTIL YOU CALL THE BID ROOM. THE BID ROOM TELEPHONE CALL-IN NUMBER is (972) 425-1539 or (972) 425-3006.
- If you elect to be contacted by the bid room, to bid your slot, you have a 5-minute time-slot to make your selection. After the 5-minute allotment has elapsed, you will be bypassed for the next employee that is eligible for their 5-minutes. The bid will not be held up for an individual bid beyond their 5-minute time slot.
- The bid room will make 2 attempts to contact the employee within their 5-minute time-slot, leaving a voice message when available; please leave your phone line open to receive calls in your 5-minute time-slot. If the bid room cannot reach you within your 5-minute time slot, you will be bypassed and bid when you call the bid room, after the current bidder on the clock makes their selection.
- Only call into the bid room at (972) 425-5179. if you have failed to submit your bid or submitted your bid after the times listed above. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE BID ROOM FOR BID RESULTS – visitwww.local591.com(SWRegion)for this information.
- You will not be allowed to bid if you are not on payroll at your bid time-slot, unless the employee provides medical substantiation or other necessary documentation that will clear the employee to duty prior to the effective date of the new shift bid schedule.
- NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO BID FOR ANOTHER PERSON.
Any employee who becomes TD or work restricted due to injury, or illness may be reassigned according to your restrictions.
- Employees selecting Term A Line Stock, Term A Tool Room, Terminal C Stock Room or Terminal D, will be allowed to punch in at the warehouse and use the Terminal Van to get over to their work areas as long as they get there before the start of their shift. The Terminal VAN leaves at 05:45,13:45, & 21:45 sharp. It is your responsibility to ensure you are on the van by the respective departure time. Any employee that selects to park in the employee parking area will be required to ride the Employee bus, punch in at their areas of workand be there at thestart of their shift. Terminal A Line Stock will be required to clock in at the Ramp Level Gate A13 time clock. Term A Tool Room will be required to clock in by the Ramp Level Gate A13 time clock. Term D Line Stock will be required to clock in at any clock in Term D. Term C Stock will be required to clock in at Terminal C. This is for those employees who choose employee parking. Each employee needs to get with a Supervisor or the Supply Staff Assistant prior to the bid starting to get a parking pass if needed.
- As a reminder, any employee choosing to ride in the van to the line must pass through an AOA gate prior to entering the Ramp. All employees must go on the DFW Airport Training website and complete (AOA Gate Entry System Orientation, Ramp Safety Awareness and West Cargo Area Emergency Access Roadway) training lessons. This is a requirement of DFW Airport, TSA and Homeland Security. Remember that if you wish to use the West AOA gate you must schedule and complete the DFW Airport Simulator.
- All Employees must scan their AOA badge at a security checkpoint or employee portal terminal side before driving on the AOA.
10. 8 Hr Work assignments in the General Warehouse will still be offered by seniority. However, if operation need requires , reassignment during the shift may be necessary if directed by Supervisor or Crew Chief. This includes any and all bid jobs. 4 Hr job assignments will be at the direction of the Crew Chiefs as they deem necessary for the efficient running of their crews and the operation. Employees in the areas of Stock Records and GLC/WSW/ZFF/19thSt will be assigned by their Crew Chiefs for the efficient running of their crews and operation.
Anyone who will be on vacation during the shift bid selection process is requested to submit their bid sheet, in a bid box, before leaving for vacation, using the updated bid form in accordance with Number 1 above, or you will be bypassed.
If you are new at DFW and have never participated in a Shift Bid before, please see a Local 591 Union Representative for directions and answers to any questions you may have.
Ted Endsley, Jr.
Senior Manager, Tech Ops Supply
Stores Bid Letter Hangar Online Bid 2018-3rd bid.docx